Salvana Wrafton: the proprieter of Wrafton’s inn, Salvana is quick-witted and charming.
Lord Padraig: Padraig keeps Winterhaven’s economy afloat with his own coffers. Padraig is the Lord of Winterhaven and is in charge of the town’s meager militia.
Valthrun the Prescient: a sage of sorts, Valthrun lives in a tower at the market square. He sells low-level rituals and is knowledgeable in arcane and primal magics.
Eilian the Old: an old man who tells stories at Wrafton’s Inn in exchange for drinks and attention, Eilian holds himself out to be quite the local historian.
The rutted King’s Road leads to the foot of a broad hill that holds the walled village of Winterhaven. The village is nestled in the southern foothills of the Cairngorm Peaks. The walls are weathered stone topped by defensive palisades.
Small thatched homes stand around Winterhaven, each fronting a small piece of farmland or pasture. Beyond the farms to the west and south lie dark woods, and to the north, tall mountain peaks.
1. Outer Gates and Walls Open by day, closed and barred at night, the outer gate is policed by two guards regardless of the hour.
2. Wraftons Inn This spacious inn and tavern serves as the public house for the region.
3. Market Square Every other day or so, carts and wagons gather in the square and offer goods to the people of Winterhaven. Once each week, the official Market Day acts as a siren’s song, calling most of the villagers to shop and socialize in the square.
4. Stables On market days these stables are filled with mounts and other beasts of burden used by sellers to haul wares. Travelers can stable their mounts here for 2 sp per day.
5. Smithy A dwarf named Thair Coalstriker owns the village smithy.
6. Valthrun’s Tower This five-story structure is the highest building in Winterhaven.
7. Bairwin’s Grand Shoppe This large shop is owned by Bairwin Wildarson.
8. Warrior Guild Winterhaven villagers can join the Warrior Guild and train in basic sword and shield skills.
9. Tenements The large tenement structure features apartments for the village residents who don’t own farms or who work in the businesses within the walls.
10. Temple This large stone structure is the village temple. Of the several deities worshiped by locals, Avandra, goddess of luck and change, is the most prominent.
11. Inner Gate This gate is closed and guarded by two Winterhaven guards during the daytime.
12. Winterhaven Siege Supplies Supplies are kept in this storehouse for the occasions when the town comes under attack.
13. Winterhaven Barracks This military-style barracks is home to Winterhaven’s professional guards, the Regulars.
14. Manor House This grand manor home was built when Winterhaven was an outpost of the Nerath Empire.